Remote control trucks, sometimes known as RC monster trucks, are popular toys among children and adults. These scale reproductions are the ideal present for automotive enthusiasts.
Choosing the best RC (Remote Control) monster truck can make a massive difference in the play experience. Since there are so many types of RC trucks on the market, we’ve compiled a list of the best you can select from. Whether you buy them for fun or for competition, the trucks in this guide have you covered. Scroll down for more!
This kind of toy is available in various shapes, sorts, sizes, and colors. So, if you don’t know what to look for, you may end up buying a low-quality driver’s car and having a bad driving experience. As a result, you should consider the criteria listed below before making a purchase.
- Motor: Brush and brushless motors are the two most common variants on the market. Each type will deliver distinct results. However, brushless ones are great for toys because of their power and efficiency.
- Type and capacity of the battery: Lithium-polymer and nickel-metal hydride are two types of batteries. In high-performance toys, however, LiPo batteries dominate. They are quite dependable and have no mnemonic impact. The battery’s capacity, in addition to its type, is critical to its reliability. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will survive when it comes to ratings.
- 2 Wheel Drive (2WD) vs. 4 Wheel Drive (4WD): Most monster trucks are intended to run on various terrains. This, however, has no bearing on electricity transmission. 4WD is ideal for creating maximum power in monster trucks.
- Kits vs. RTR: “RTR” stands for “ready to run.” It means that monster RC trucks will be built up quickly, as the name implies. So it won’t even take an hour from when you open the package until the second truck hits the road. It will take you longer to put the pieces together when it comes to kits. However, if you enjoy building things, this may be a highly satisfying experience.
Best Remote Control Monster Truck 2022 – Top 5 Review
After reviewing dozens of Monster Trucks on the market today, we narrowed it down to the top five candidates for the best RC truck for adults and kids. Continue reading to learn more about which option is right for you.
#1. Traxxas Stampede – Best For Beginners
- Brand: Traxxas
- Scale: 1:10
- Age range: 14 years and up
- Power: Battery Powered
Traxxas itself is considered the best 4X4 RC truck for beginners. This car features 2.8″ Chevron Maxx tires, a Titan12-Turn 550 engine, XL-5 waterproof speed control, and enough ground clearance. The weakness of all of these features is that the truck is easily damaged or broken. The Monster Traxxas RC truck has the power and speed to race on grass, snow, rocks, and dirt.
The car comes with Stampede 4X4 with a powerful Power Cell NiMH 8.4-volt iD battery. The 3000mAh storage capacity of this rechargeable power source allows for longer usage. Players will enjoy higher speeds and longer running times when paired with the Titan 12T 550’s cool-running engine.
Although Traxxas reach speeds of 35 mph, it is still under your control. It also has two-speed settings: rapid and slow. For persons learning to drive for the first time, this provides internal speed limitations. Then, when they gain more driving expertise, they can allow them to travel faster.
Another feature that makes Traxxas suitable for novice drivers is that it is RTR, which means you won’t have to mess with building it. So, even kids and newbies may easily play with this toy.
- Easy to adjust and maintain
- Waterproof electronics
- Reliable performance with 32-pitch gear
- Go well with a wide variety of surfaces, including hard surfaces and terrain
- Brush motor wear down after a lot of use and friction
- The battery charger only works in-car cigarette lighters
- Battery drain
#2. DEERC 9300 – Best Performance
- Brand: DEERC
- Scale: 1:18
- Age range: 8+ years and adults
- Power Source: Corded Electric, Battery Powered
The DeeRC 9300 Remote Control Car can be what you’re looking for if you’re searching for a great starter for kids without making a large investment.
It offers an all-wheel-drive and powerful engine for your kids to perform some impressive acrobatics. Besides, the vehicle also comes with a fully functional professional remote control, and a 2.4 radio control system GHz has a 40-minute working time.
The tires are durable and tough, have good traction, and are heat resistant. They also contain metal wheel hub plates that strengthen the wheel hubs and prevent distortion in case of a disaster. They are meant to blast through uneven or rough terrain, like sand, rapidly and easily. Robust shock absorbers are also at hand that can absorb wheel vibrations, safeguarding the car’s components.
This RC vehicle alloy differential can reduce drag when turning to improve stability if your youngster is driving on uneven terrain.
On top of that, the engine of this remote control automobile is even protected by a metal radiator plate. You may expect your engine to last longer with superior heat dissipation.
The only disappointing part is that the top speed of this RC car is only 25 mph. It will not face the same level of competition as some of the other options on this list.
- Long runtime
- Comfortable to hold
- Durable construction
- Not waterproof
- Too small trim knobs, which is hard to see
#3. Holyton Remote Control Car – Best For Budget
- Brand: Holyton
- Scale: 1:10
- Age range: kids from 8 years old and adults
- Power source: Battery Power
With its amazing quality and performance, this RC car deserves to be the best RC Monster Truck under $100. What makes it stand out is its 45 amp ESC motor. Typically, a truck will go with 30 or 35 Amp ESC in this price range. This means that this vehicle can withstand higher speeds and workloads without overheating.
Moreover, almost every RC car under $100 comes with metal spring shock absorbers that are too bouncy and slow you down. However, the Holyton 9205E already has an oil-filled shock, and power steering handles exceptionally well.
You won’t believe how quickly it reacts and how smoothly it spins at high speeds without slipping. The 540 motors can operate quickly, but it takes a long time to spin up. That is most likely a minor flaw in this vehicle. However, it shouldn’t have a significant impact on your driving experience.
Most appealing of all, this truck has metal drive shafts, differentials, bearing bones, and wheel bearings. These parts ensure the drivetrain’s longevity. At this pricing point, you’ll find more plastic parts than metal. For a month or two, the plastic works well until the gear comes off and it stops moving.
- Responsive remote control
- Dual batteries
- Adjustable speed restrictions let a new driver become familiar with the controls
- Sluggish shock rebound
- Flimsy plastic body with hitch pin clips, easy to fall off and get lost
#4. Hosim 2845 – Best For Racing
- Brand: Hosim
- Scale: 1:16
- Age range: 14 years old and up
- Power Source: Battery Powered
It can be said that this car from Hosim is an all-terrain vehicle and the best Remote Control monster truck 4×4 available. It can conquer all types of terrain, from easy to tough, thanks to its innovative suspension design, which has four wheels with independent suspension springs.
Another strength of this design is it protects the electronic components inside the vehicle’s body by acting as an anti-impact. Along with high-quality ABS wheel covers, the Hosim 2845 has super-throw resistance and oversized wheels that allow the vehicle to navigate any rough roads.
Hosim 2845 isn’t just about it beating all terrain, though. In terms of speed, the car also reaches a speed of 55km/h – an extremely impressive number for racing that not all cars have.
The car’s also equipped with the highest IPX4 waterproof construction that can operate in all weather conditions, including severe rain. So, if you want to purchase a high-end RC car at an affordable price, this little beast car can rival other 4×4 RC cars in its price range.
- Excellent battery life
- High speed
- Smooth brushless motor and have little heat generated
- Simple to use with steering options and good remote control
- Not for small tight spaces
- Have a wide opening between the body and the undercarriage; dust or sand and soil can get in
#5. DEERC Brushless 300E Remote Control Car – Best For Speed
- Brand: DEERC
- Scale: 1:18
- Age Range: 14 years and up
- Power Source: Corded Electric, Battery Powered
DEERC 300E is 1/18 scale and has a high-grade ABS shell that withstands remarkably well crashes, even while traveling at high speeds. The huge tires are built of solid rubber with tire grooves to help the automobile grip the road better when driving and boost ground clearance to help it easily tackle rough terrain.
You can also get eight accelerations, eight timing settings, and numerous protections with a waterproof brushless ESC. Furthermore, the vehicle uses 2.4GHz frequency technology, which allows you to control the range to 328 feet (100 meters).
Viewmore: Best RC Stadium Truck – A Review To Spoil Your Hobby
When functioning at full capacity, the DEERC 300E’s engine can propel the vehicle up to 60 km/hm – the highest velocity on our list. The remote control truck can achieve powerful power and good collision prevention and considerably boost the truck’s stability, thanks to its four-wheel drive and four independent suspension systems.
One minor drawback is that its speed can be a bit slower when moving through the grass.
- High-capacity rechargeable battery for extended playtime
- Simple to replace the battery to continue playing immediately
- High-speed all-metal moving shaft with an independent shock absorber
- No engine roar for those who love engine sound
What Is The Fastest Monster Truck RC car?
According to the listing guide for online buyers from Android Central, the Traxxas XO-1 is the fastest RC car. This car can reach speeds of 100 miles per hour.
Are RC Cars Safe For Children?
The short answer is yes. RC cars are safe for children as long as they play with cars for their age group and observe certain safety precautions. If you ensure the RC car is operated properly, you can rest assured that it’s safe for your child.
What is the best hobby-grade remote control monster stadium truck?
Traxxas Rustler 4×4 VXL Crawler is a very popular hobby-grade RC crawler.
Overall, DeeRC 300E and Holyton are our top two recommendations for the best RC Monster Truck. DeeRC 300E is excellent for high speed and design. Holyton would be a fantastic choice for anyone who wants a good car with a limited budget.
With its features, RC Monster Truck is the perfect toy for your family to enjoy, for family members, both young and adults. With our suggestions for RC monster trucks, hopefully, you’ll find the best fits your needs.